Music that has a huge circle of appeal and appreciation is said to be the popular genre music of the time. Since long, different types of music are liked by people. A piece of commercially oriented music is generally cherished by a wide audience.
1930 is the time when sheet music had swapped by gramophone records. Decades after the burning flames of World War II, American music starts getting fame all across the world. 1950 is a boom period of jazz music, that is amalgamated by the fusion of rhythm and blues. It is very stimulating to perceive how rampant music changes over time.
In the primitive ages music is derived from nature:
Time is not stagnant as the culture and societies inclinations are. Everything is kept on changing and evolving. The nascent epoch truly reflects the cultural music, and people get the inspiration from the ceremonies and traditions. Moreover, this was the predominant music of that time, the tunes of nature. Music started becoming sophisticated as more instruments, beats, rhythms, and tempo are added to lyrics.
Rock and roll grasp an immediate international stimulus:
Elvis Presley is the pacesetter of rock and roll music. In 1960, Beatles were one of the rock band that got spectacular fame and became globally eminent for its rocking music. The variations in rock music gave birth to the pop music, variants are
- Hip hop
- Heavy metal
The transformation from LPs to streaming
The core reason for the change in music is the advancement in technology. Music is completely altered in the new ballgame and is secured by copyright laws.
- Vinyl relocated into a tape that rather shifts in compact discs.
- Napster is a CD/Discs service that allows the users to share their music collection with their friends and colleagues. Rhapsody had replaced it by the new technology of music streaming. This is the entirely new direction music industry has taken.
Sheet music is transferred in to digitize music notes
Not only the mode of listening the particular music has changed over time, the delivering and playing the art of music is also transformed. Sheet music is left behind in the past and vanished; now every bit of music is in digital form. YouTube is the new music teacher now.
The modern utility is accompanied by advantage that you can learn the art of music without spending a single penny, and with a drawback that there is no personalized guidance for a learner.
What would be the next milestone of the music industry
Vinyl to streaming, paper to digital music notes then what would be the next to go. Neither we can predict nor envisage regarding the next horizon of the music. Future what holds is relatively unseen.
Drastic fall in the cost of production and manufacturing
It becomes very easy and cheap of the production, manufacturing, and promotion of songs than it was done in the time of CDs. No need for extra payments in the form of
What would be the new technology now, for it we will have to wait and see?
How topographies of the sound composition changes over time
- Sound of the latest music is much louder than the decade before.
- Recent music is accompanied by the fast pace and rhythm.
- The music that was ten to fifteen years back was bouncy and spiky than the music of the present time. For instance, techno and reggae music that was very energetic and springy.
- The computer enables the modern music operator to beat match the music and creates the best-unified sound that fascinates the listener.
- New music has less aural sounds.
- The latest music is liked by the new generation as it is the blend of present music artists and the talent of migrated artists from the different regions of the world. It has introduced new and unique music tastes, and their positive collaboration with the present system makes room for innovative music stratagems. This diversity has created complexities than the system prevails the decade before.
Streaming generation is no more interested to know the originality of the past music that is felt by the aficionados of old tunes. These enthusiasts protest against electronic devices that have killed genuine talent, according to them the new music is shallow and less appealing.